Posted on February 24, 2018
Effective Guide Of PoE Catarina’s Missions
In Path of Exile, collectors of poe orbs feel that Catarina’s missions let them feel slow and clumsy. The pathing on the revived mobs is god awful, especially in maps with narrow corridors or a bunch of debris on the ground, the NPCs often get stuck. God forbid you get three of the four back to her, and lose the fourth one and have to back track. I also find this mission takes the longest, and is by far the most boring.
Out of the eight possible Vorici missions, only two are actually annoying and slow you down a lot: keep all guards alive, Open the target’s chest. All the others either reward clearspeed or require very minimal attention like luring the target just far enough from the guards to not kill all of them. Even the two annoying ones at least require some skill and have you do something.
Catarina’s missions instead almost always require lots and lots of backtracking, all while making sure that the stupid minions still follow you. I skip all Cat missions except for the one where I just need to kill stuff. I really hate her with a passion. Keep all guards alive doesn’t appear any more (at least I remember seeing it in some old patch notes, and haven’t gotten one for over a year).
That’s why Catarina is the only master I never hit 8 in any league, I don’t even have her at 8 in standard. If it’s Vorici I would take his mission and maybe fail 1 in 10 because I didn’t read or didn’t feel like kiting the exile away from the chest but if it’s Cata I wouldn’t even bother taking the mission as it feels like a chore 9 out of 10 times, especially when the minion AI is being retarded.
Keep a set of lower power gear and gems for vorici missions:
1. I remove my gloves with the auto respond-to-attack “Decree of Ire” (it helps that my flame golem is on that glove too).
2. Then I remove the helmet with the Cast When Damage Taken gem + curse and molten shell. That then leaves me with cyclone and leap slam to do damage.
3. If it’s the chest open mission, I equip a movement speed flask.
4. I clear off as many mobs as possible without engaging the Exile.
5. Kite the Exile and guards as far away as possible.
6. Sprint back to the chest and open it.
There’s a lot more players guide on U4GM, so be sure to check out if you need some guides. Keeping an eye on poe buy items, you will get more gains.